- Diploma from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum aggregate grade at credit level.
- KCSE Mean Grade C- Minus, C- in Mathematics and C- Physics or Chemistry or Physical science
- ‘O’ Level Division II or equivalent plus a Post-Secondary Certificate and a Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Mean grade C plain at KCSE and a Pre-University course of at least one academic year.
- ‘A’ Level with two Principal passes and a subsidiary.
DURATION OF STUDY
Three (3) academic years.
The Units Distribution Table for the Programme
Units Distribution Table
CLASSIFICATION OF DIPLOMA
A candidate who qualifies for the award of Diploma shall be placed in one of four classes:
Namely Distinction, Upper Credit, Lower Credit and Pass.
- The final classification of the diploma in the School of Engineering shall be based on 1970 hrs minimum required during the three years of study for the Diploma in Civil.
- The total marks for the Diploma specified in the School of Engineering will be averaged to arrive at the final classification.
70 – 100% Distinction
60 – 69% Credit
40 – 59% Pass